LYNCHBURG, Va. – After three reschedules of the match, the Coastal Carolina University women’s tennis team finally went on the road to Liberty and were unable to get the win, dropping a 6-1 decision to the host Flames, Monday, April 6. With the loss, the Chanticleers fell to 13-4 on the year and 3-3 in Big South Conference play, while the Flames moved to 13-6 and 5-1 in the League.
Coastal Carolina picked up the first point of the day, winning two of the three doubles matches. Lexi Bolesky and Caitlyn Brooksbank got the 8-6 win at No. 1 over Liberty’s Jordan Jenkins and Hannah Fick. Kim Webb and Maria Camberos picked up the other victory at No. 3 doubles, an 8-5 win over Lais Souza and Valeriy Klintsevich. However, the Chants could not get any momentum in singles, as the first four matches were all straight set wins for Liberty, with the final two played as pro sets.
Due to the threat of inclement weather, the Chanticleers’ match at Campbell scheduled for Tuesday, April 7 has been cancelled. Coastal Carolina will next be in action Thursday, April 9 when it hosts UNC Wilmington at Billy Nichols Tennis Center at 2:30 p.m.
Liberty 6, Coastal Carolina 1
1. JENKINS, Jordan (LIBERTY) def. BOLESKY, Lexi (COASTAL) 6-4, 6-3
2. BROWN, Stephanie (LIBERTY) def. PETKOVA, Tina (COASTAL) 6-2, 6-0
3. SOLOMON, Nadia (LIBERTY) def. WEBB, Kim (COASTAL) 6-2, 6-1
4. FICK, Hannah (LIBERTY) def. CORTES, Patricia (COASTAL) 6-0, 6-4
5. SOUZA, Lais (LIBERTY) def. BROOKSBANK, Caitlyn (COASTAL) 8-3
6. KLINTSEVICH, Valeriy (LIBERTY) def. CAMBEROS, Maria (COASTAL) 8-5
1. BOLESKY, Lexi/BROOKSBANK, Caitlyn (COASTAL) def. JENKINS, Jordan/FICK, Hannah (LIBERTY) 8-6
2. BROWN, Stephanie/SOLOMON, Nadia (LIBERTY) def. PETKOVA, Tina/CORTES, Patricia (COASTAL) 8-4
3. WEBB, Kim/CAMBEROS, Maria (COASTAL) def. SOUZA, Lais/KLINTSEVICH, Valeriy (LIBERTY) 8-5