Coastal Edges UNCG, 4-3
CONWAY - The Coastal Carolina women's tennis team remains unbeaten on its home court this season following a 4-3 victory over UNC Greensboro Tuesday afternoon at the Stevens Tennis Complex.
The Chants improve to 7-6 this season with the win.
Coastal collected the doubles point before splitting the singles points with UNCG. The match was tied three times, including 3-3, but Somer Dalla-Bona provided the match-winning point for Coastal on the second singles court.
Jessie Mount and Rylie Cox struck first on the third doubles court with a 6-3 victory. UNCG managed to even the point as its second pairing of Alice Taylor and Corinne Blythe bested Iryna Vardanian and Alexa Tiefel.
Sophia Adams evened the match for UNCG by winning the first singles point at No. 5. The Spartans then took a brief 2-1 following a straight-sets victory by Bridges at No. 1 over Vardanian.
Cox evened the match again by defeating Boaz in straight sets at No. 3, and Coastal regained the lead thanks to a straight-sets victory on the fourth court by Bondar.
The match was tied for a final time when Gomez bested Mount at No. 6.
Dalla-Bona's match-deciding victory came in straight sets against Taylor at No. 2, 7-6, 7-5.
Coastal is next in action against Davidson in a neutral-site match in Orlando, Fla. on March 6.
Coastal Carolina 4, UNCG Women's Tennis 3
1. Nancy Bridges (UNCG-W) def. Vardanian, Iryna (COASTAL) 6-2, 6-3
2. Dalla-Bona, Somer (COASTAL) def. Alice Taylor (UNCG-W) 7-6, 7-5
3. Cox, Rylie (COASTAL) def. Blaine Boaz (UNCG-W) 6-2, 6-3
4. Bondar, Sara (COASTAL) def. Corinne Blythe (UNCG-W) 6-1, 6-4
5. Sophia Adams (UNCG-W) def. Khomchenko, Maria (COASTAL) 6-0, 6-2
6. Brianna Gomez (UNCG-W) def. Mount, Jessie (COASTAL) 6-4, 7-5
1. Bondar, Sara/Dalla-Bona, Somer (COASTAL) def. Blaine Boaz/Nancy Bridges (UNCG-W) 6-4
2. Alice Taylor/Corinne Blythe (UNCG-W) def. Vardanian, Iryna/Tiefel, Alexa (COASTAL) 6-4
3. Mount, Jessie/Cox, Rylie (COASTAL) def. Sophia Adams/Brianna Gomez (UNCG-W) 6-3
Coastal Carolina 7-4
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (5,1,3,4,6,2)