Women's Tennis Falls in Season Opener at Furman
GREENVILLE, S.C. - The Coastal Carolina women's tennis team began the 2018 season with a 6-1 loss Wednesday afternoon at Furman.
The 0-1 Chants remain on the road for their next four matches, beginning with a 1 p.m. contest at UNC Wilmington on Feb. 1.
Coastal's lone point in the match came on the sixth singles court, where Maria Khomchenko defeated Gabby Rodriguez, 6-4, 7-5.
Furman swept the doubles point, winning 6-2 at No. 1, 6-3 at No. 2 and 6-0 at No. 3. Furman then won the first five singles points on courts 1-5. Khomchenko's point was the final of the match.
Furman 6, Coastal Carolina 1
1. Katarina Kozarov (FUR) def. Cox, Rylie (COASTAL) 7-5, 6-3
2. Katty Weymouth (FUR) def. Vardanian, Iryna (COASTAL) 4-6, 6-2, 6-2
3. Danni Vines (FUR) def. Dalla-Bona, Somer (COASTAL) 6-3, 4-6, 6-3
4. Aryn Greene (FUR) def. Bondar, Sara (COASTAL) 6-3, 6-2
5. Georgie Walker (FUR) def. Mount, Jessie (COASTAL) 6-0, 6-0
6. Khomchenko, Maria (COASTAL) def. Gabby Rodriguez (FUR) 6-4, 7-5
1. Katarina Kozarov/Aryn Greene (FUR) def. Cox, Rylie/Vardanian, Iryna (COASTAL) 6-2
2. Katty Weymouth/Danni Vines (FUR) def. Bondar, Sara/Dalla-Bona, Somer (COASTAL) 6-3
3. Gabby Rodriguez/Georgie Walker (FUR) def. Wall, Natalie/Mount, Jessie (COASTAL) 6-0
Order of finish: