Coastal Carolina Has Record-Setting Academic Performance for Fall 2017
CONWAY - A record 264 Coastal Carolina student-athletes posted at least a 3.0 grade point average (GPA) for the fall 2017 semester, including record 129 that earned Dean's List. In addition, 48 Chanticleers had a perfect 4.0 GPA to receive President's List recognition.
Headlining the group was the women's tennis team as all nine members earned either President's List (four team members) or Dean's List (five team members). Also, all seven of the women's golfers had at least a 3.0 GPA -- including five getting President's or Dean's List -- while six of the seven men's golf team members had at least a 3.0 GPA for the semester.
Other outstanding team performances include:
- Softball: 19 of its 20 members had at least a 3.0, 15 earning either President's or Dean's List.
- Lacrosse: 31 of its 36 members had at least a 3.0, 27 earning either President's or Dean's List with a department-best seven earning President's List and had the department's second-best Dean's List total (20).
- Men's Tennis: six of its eight members had at least a 3.0, including three that earned President's List.
- Volleyball/Beach Volleyball: 16 of its 20 combined members had at least a 3.0.
- Women's Soccer: 22 of its 25 members had at least a 3.0, 18 earning either President's or Dean's List.
- Football: 45 members posted at least a 3.0, including a department-best 21 earning Dean's List.
- Baseball: 31 members posted at least a 3.0, including 17 earning President's or Dean's List.
A total of 20 Chanticleers graduated this past December while an additional seven received their Master's. Of the 20 that graduated, four graduated with honors including Jas Adams (women's basketball, cum laude), Josh Stilley (football, magna cum laude), Casey Schroeder (baseball, summa cum laude) and Natasa Savovic (indoor/beach volleyball, magna cum laude).
The previous record for CCU student-athletes receiving at least a 3.0 for a semester was 261 in the fall of 2015 while the previous mark for most earning Dean's List was 126, also in the fall of 2015.