Nov. 23, 2012
Coastal Carolina (4-1, 0-0 Big South)
IPFW (1-2, 0-0 Summit)
Saturday, Nov. 24, 2012 | 2:00 p.m.
Fort Wayne, Ind. | Hilliard Gates Sports Center (2,300)
CONWAY - The Coastal Carolina women's basketball team returns to the road for the first time since the season opener on Saturday, Nov. 24 at IPFW. Tipoff is slated for 2 p.m.
Radio: Listen locally in the Myrtle Beach area on 1050 AM - Fox Sports Radio with Aaron Marks on the call.
Online Broadcast:The game will be broadcast live online at GoCCUSports.com.
Online Audio Link: http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/coastal.portal#
Live Stats: Available via GoMastodons.com
Video Stream: Available via GoMastodons.com
Streak: Lost 1
Last 10: 0-1
Last Meeting: Coastal Carolina University shot 25 percent from the field and could not overcome an early double-digit deficit in falling to IPFW 60-49 Nov. 25, 2006, in the first round of the Ball State Federal Credit Union Thanksgiving Tournament in Muncie, Ind.
• Coastal Carolina seeks its first road win of the season after falling in its season opener at College of Charleston.
• The Chants have won four straight games, all inside The HTC Center, by an average of 22.8 points.
• Eight Chanticleers have set or tied career-highs in the points category this season.
• Coastal's guard trio of Shatia Cole, AJ Jordan and Angelica Henry each average more than 11 points per game.
• Coastal Carolina looks to win its first game in the state of Indiana since defeating Howard at the Ball State Credit Union Thanksgiving Tournament on Nov. 26, 2006. Since the victory the Chants have lost at Butler during the 2008-09 season and dropped a pair of games at the 2010 Evansville-hosted Heritage Federal Credit Union Aces Classic.
On this Date
Coastal Carolina holds a 3-3 record in games played on Nov. 24. The Chants' first played on Nov. 24, 1991, and were defeated by Presbyterian College in each squad's season-opener. Coastal fell 47-89 in its last game played on Nov. 24 against Alaska-Anchorage in the 2009 Great Alaskan Shootout. Coastal is1-2 on the road on Nov. 21, claiming its victory at Campbell in 2003.
Which Guard To Guard
Through the first five games of the season the Chanticleers have relied heavily on its experience at the guard position. And guards Shatia Cole, AJ Jordan and Angelica Henry have not disappointed. Jordan leads Coastal in scoring averaging 13.0 per outing followed by Cole's 12.6 and Henry's 11.8 points per game. In addition, Henry leads the Chants on the glass, averaging 6.6 board per contest.
4 in 7
Coastal Carolina will play its fourth game in the last seven days against IPFW. The Chants started its grueling week long stretch with a win over Western Carolina on Saturday, Nov. 17 and followed with back-to-back blowout victories against Columbia (SC) and Southern Virginia on Nov. 19 and 20.