Battle at the Beach Day Two Results
CONWAY - The second day of the CCU Battle at the Beach saw the Coastal Carolina men's tennis team take on fellow Sun Belt member Georgia Southern in singles and doubles. The Eagles got the better of the matchup, winning five of eight singles matches and all four doubles matches.
Luiz Faria recorded one Coastal's singles points, defeating JC Alcala on the first court in three sets, 6-4, 6-7, 6-2. Lawrence Perrin took the fourth court in straight sets against Eddie Landin, 6-4, 6-0. The Chants' third point came in the seventh singles match, where Francesco Cori-Gamero downed Pascal Wagemaker, 7-6, 6-2.
"Today was a good day of fall tennis overall," said assistant coach Sebastian Schneider. "We fought hard on all courts and that is basically all we can expect this early in preseason. We struggled early on in doubles but were happy to see it did not last very long. The guys stepped up their game and ended up going toe-to-toe with a strong Sun Belt team."
The Chants return to their home court Sunday to square off against Presbyterian in the final action of the CCU Battle at the Beach.
Coastal vs Georgian Southern
1. Faria (CCU) beat Alcala (GS) 6-4,6-7,6-2
2. Di Aloy (GS) beat Achondo (CCU) 7-5,7-5
3. Fiukelstein (GS) beat Talic (CCU) 4-6, 7-5, 6-4
4. Suarez (GC) beat Boulay (CCU) 1-6, 6-3, 6-4
5. Perrin (CCU) beat Landin (GS) 6-4, 6-0
6. Mccullough (GS) beat Castellanos (CCU) 7-5,5-7,7-6
7. Cori (CCU) beat Wagenmaker (GS) 7-6,6-2
8. Garcia (GS) beat Cohen (CCU) 6-4,6-2
1. Finkelstein/Landin (GS) beat Faria/Perrin (CCU) 9-8
2. Alcala/Di Aloy (GS) beat Talic/Achondo (CCU) 8-5
3. Suarez/McCollough (GS) beat Boulay/Castellanos (CCU) 8-6
4. Wagenmaker/Garcia (GS) Cori/Cohen( CCU) 8-2