The Chants fell 4-0 to the Demon Deacons in their second NCAA appearance.
2016-17: Sun Belt Commissioner's List
Spring 2017 (Sophomore)
- Finished 11-8 overall in singles, including a 10-7 mark at No. 2 where he spent the majority of the season
- Posted a season-best seven-match winning streak to close the regular season in singles
- Went 9-7 in all doubles matches, and split a pair of conference doubles matches
- Played primarily on the first doubles court, going 7-4 to lead all Coastal pairings
- Won a No. 1 Sun Belt doubles match at Georgia Southern, and recorded a No. 1 win over Troy in the first round of the conference championship
- Won his final six doubles decisions of the season
- Went 2-0 in singles and 2-1 in doubles at the CCU Battle of the Beach
- Advanced to the championship match of his singles flight at the Elon Invite, though the final day of competition was rained out.
- Advanced to the semifinals of the main singles draw, and championship of the doubles draw, at the South Carolina Men's Collegiate Championship.
- Reached the third round of the singles and doubles draws at the ITA Carolina Regional.
- Finished the season 11-3 overall in singles while playing on the fifth (0-2) and sixth (11-1) courts
- Went 4-1 in Big South singles matches with wins over Presbyterian, Campbell, Winthrop and Liberty
- Won No. 6 singles matches in all three rounds of the Big South tournament
- Posted a 12-10 overall doubles record while playing on the second (3-3) and third (9-7) courts
- Was 5-3 in conference doubles matches with wins over Longwood, UNCA, Radford, Campbell and Gardner-Webb
- Won No. 2 doubles matches in the quarterfinals and semifinals of the Big South tournament
Personal: Faria came to Coastal Carolina from Brazil, where he excelled at the junior level while also earning impressive results on the futures circuit. According to ITFTennis.com, Faria amassed a 25-24 career singles record and 25-23 career doubles record in juniors. Faria was ranked as high as #327 as an ITF junior.