Nov. 17, 2011
2011 NCAA Tournament Interactive Bracket | 2011 NCAA Tournament Printable Bracket
Coastal Carolina Match Notes (PDF) | Game Tracker
CONWAY - Coastal Carolina men’s soccer team will face Southern Conference champion Elon Thursday in the first round of the NCAA Tournament at the CCU Soccer Field. The Chanticleers and Phoenix will kick off at 7 p.m.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (17-3) vs. Elon Phoenix (9-10-2)
Match 21 | NCAA Tournament First Round
Date/Time: Nov. 17, 2011 | 7 p.m. (ET)
Venue: CCU Soccer Field | Conway, S.C.
Radio: 93.9 – ESPN Radio “The Team” (Myrtle Beach) | Television: None
Video Stream/Live Stats: GoCCUSports.com
FINAL CHANTICLER CALL-IN MOVED: The final football "Chanticleer Call-In" will be broadcast live from Logan's Roadhouse (in the restaurant district of Coastal Grand Mall) from 6:00-7:00 pm. Fans are encouraged to join Layne Harris and head coach David Bennett. For those unable to attend, the show can be heard locally on 93.9 FM ESPN "The Team" or world-wide on GoCCUSports.com. Fans can ask Coach Bennett questions by calling (866) 866-6562 or by emailing email@example.com.
• Coastal Carolina makes its second consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance after earning an at-large selection.
• The Chanticleers are hosting the NCAA Tournament for the second time in school history. Coastal previously hosted Davidson in the 2003 tournament — winning the game 3-0.
• Coastal is 5-6-2 all-time in the NCAA Tournament, advancing as far as the Sweet 16 in 2003.
• Elon won the SoCon Tournament title to earn a NCAA Tournament berth for the first time in program history.
• The winner of the match will advance to take on North Carolina, the tournament’s top seed, on Sunday, Nov. 20, at Fetzer Field in Chapel Hill.
• General admission tickets for the contest are $7 and youth/student (with valid ID) general admission tickets are $5.
• Tickets will be available for purchase at the south ticket booth at Brooks Stadium starting at 5 p.m.
• Coastal Carolina University has purchased 500 student tickets for the match. Students may pick these tickets up starting at 5 p.m. at the tent located near gate four of Brooks Stadium. A valid Coastal Carolina ID must be presented to receive a student ticket.
• Will call ticket pick up will be located at the south ticket booth of Brooks Stadium.
NCAA Tournament All-Access
• If you can't make it to the game, you can listen to all the action locally on 93.9 – ESPN Radio “The Team” (Myrtle Beach). The Voice of the Chanticleers Matt Hogue (play-by-play) and ESPN Radio “The Team” personality Aaron Marks (color) will have the call.
• A free video stream, as well as live stats, will be available on GoCCUSports.com.