July 23, 2012
CONWAY - The Coastal Carolina University Board of Trustees has recognized Head Men’s Soccer Coach Shaun Docking
Pictured (left to right): Coastal Carolina University Chairman of the Board of Trustees D. Wyatt Henderson, Head Men’s Soccer Coach Shaun Docking and University President David A. DeCenzo
with a resolution commending “his leadership, passion and humility that continue to inspire student-athletes on the soccer field and in the classroom.” Docking, who is beginning his 15th season as head coach for the Chanticleers, was presented with a resolution during the board’s July 20 meeting.
Some highlights of Docking’s career include:
• Leading the 2011 team to a perfect 9-0-0 Big South Conference record, which was Docking’s second undefeated season in the conference, and to an 18-4-0 overall record;
• The 2011 team was ranked as high as ninth in the nation and finished the season ranked 16th, and led the NCAA in season scoring offense with 66 total goals and an average of 3.00 goals per game;
• Docking has guided the Chanticleers to their second consecutive and ninth overall NCAA postseason appearance, and his teams have earned five Big South regular season championships and five Big South Tournament championships;
• Since 1998, Docking has amassed 174 wins establishing a new school record for all-time soccer wins, and has been named Big South Conference Coach of the Year six times; and
• Under Docking, the Chanticleers have earned five consecutive and nine overall National Soccer Coaches Association of America Team Academic Awards for a team GPA of 3.0 or higher.
To read the full resolution, click HERE.