Coastal shot 308 in the opening round but rebounded with 295 and 294 in the second and third rounds respectively. Duke won its tournament with an event-record 860, with North Carolina placing second, 13 shots behind at 873.
North Carolinas Martin Ureta was the individual medalist after coming out on top after a four-man playoff that included Dukes Ryan Blaum and Michael Quagliano, along with Michigan States Matt Harmon. Quagliano and Harmon both had pars at the first playoff hole, but Blaum and Ureta had birdie threes. Ureta finally won the playoff with a birdie on the fourth extra hole.
Coastals top finisher was Moises Cobo, who shot a six-over 222 to tie for 21st. Jeremy Kirkland tied for 28th at 225, while Brad Robinson shot 226 for a tie for 30th. Dustin Johnson tied for 44th at 229, with Zack Byrd rounding out the team, tying for 46th at 230.
Coastal takes the next week off and is back on the course, Fri.-Sun., Oct. 29-31, at the Landfall Tradition. The tournament is being hosted by UNC Wilmington at the Landfall Club in Wilmington, NC.
1. Duke 291-288-281=860
2. North Carolina 295-297-281=873
3. Washington 299-292-285=876
3. Michigan State 291-297-288=876
5. Furman 304-295-284=883
6. UNC Wilmington 299-298-297=894
6. Baylor 298-293-303=894
8. Coastal Carolina 308-295-294=897
9. Texas A&M 304-304-296=904
10. Charlotte 307-301-301=909
10. Drake 307-307-295=909
12. Virginia Tech 303-310-297=910
13. Michigan 310-305-297=912
14. Florida Southern 319-301-315=935
Individual Standings (Top 5 Plus Coastal)
** 1. Martin Ureta (N Carolina) 71-73-66=210
2. Ryan Blaum (Duke) 73-68-69=210
2. Matt Harmon (Mich. St.) 67-71-72=210
2. Michael Quagliano (Duke) 72-69-69=210
5. Matt Crenshaw (N Carolina) 73-72-68=213
t21. Moises Cobo (Coastal) 75-75-72=222
t28. Jeremy Kirkland (Coastal) 78-76-71=225
t30. Brad Robinson (Coastal) 80-71-75=226
t44. Dustin Johnson (Coastal) 76-74-79=229
t46. Zack Byrd (Coastal) 79-75-76=230
** Won a four-way playoff on the fourth extra hole.