54-in-54 Football Gameday Year Two Results/Plan Released
June 21, 2013
CONWAY - Based on input from Chanticleer Nation through year two of the "54-in-54 Initiative," the Coastal Carolina Department of Athletics has and will continue to implement 54 enhancements to the gameday experience in preparation for its first home football game on Saturday, Sept. 7 versus Furman.
Highlights of the initiative include reconfiguring Brooks Stadium's seating options to provide additional comfort for fans and the team, modification to the sound system at Brooks Stadium, as well as gameday improvements to tailgating and fan fest, and a more prominent footprint in social media engagement.
"We are excited to continue the 54-in-54 initiative for a second year," said Associate Director of Athletics for External Relations Mark Payne. "We hope our fans appreciate the changes that have been made over the past two seasons and will be made in the future. As a department, we are especially excited about the social media component designed to give fans an in-depth look at not only Chanticleer football, but all of Coastal athletics."
We are very proud of our football team's accomplishments and our fans' support of the University," said Director of Athletics Hunter Yurachek. "I hope that our loyal fans will continue to spread the word throughout the Grand Strand about the fun and affordability of Chanticleer gameday."
"54-in-54" 2013 (year 2)
54 Suggestions and Action Plan for Football Gameday Experience
Comment: Improve halftime entertainment
1. Coastal Carolina is looking into adding a variety of new halftime shows.
Comment: Not enough merchandise items available on the west side of the stadium
2. The Chanticleer Store will add additional merchandise options and locations to the west side of Brooks Stadium.
Comment: Broadcast the audio of the game throughout the stadium
3. The Chanticleer Sports Network's audio call will be added to the west side of Brooks Stadium.
Comment: Attract more diverse fans to the games
The Department of Athletics has designated a theme for each home game:
4. Sept. 7 vs. Furman - High school band day
5. Oct. 12 vs. Gardner-Webb - Cheer camp and church group day
6. Oct. 26 vs. VMI - Heroes on parade and Night 5k Run
7. Nov. 2 vs. Charlotte - Youth day
8. Nov. 16 vs. Presbyterian - Youth football day
*Family Weekend is slated for Sept. 21 vs. Hampton
Comment: Show more replays on the video board
9. Replays of each play will be shown on the video board at Brooks Stadium.
NOTE: NCAA rules prohibit replays of questionable/controversial rulings.
Comment: Video board audio levels were inconsistent
10. The audio levels for the video board have been modified to a consistent level.
11. Strategic Communications has been hired to fine tune the speaker equalizer to best suit Brooks Stadium.
Comment: Expanding mobile ticketing options
12. Customers can now purchase and have their tickets scanned via their mobile device.
13. Customers that want to purchase tickets on a mobile device can purchase tickets through the addition of a mobile ticket selling platform.
Comment: Reduce wait for purchasing and picking up game tickets
14. Additional gameday ticketing staff will be added to assist customers. Customers can also utilize the new mobile platform for purchasing tickets and bringing their phone to the game. Print at home tickets will continue to be available for online purchases so you can avoid going to any ticketing booths on gameday.
Comment: Increase communication from the ticket office about upcoming deadlines
15. The Athletics Ticket Office will produce and email the Chanticleer Update to keep customers informed of important dates and deadlines. Fans can sign up for the weekly newsletter on GoCCUSports.com.
Comment: What seats are available for season ticket purchase at Brooks Stadium?
16. A select-a-seat will take place so fans can choose the seating option that best fits their interest.
Comment: What seats are available for individual game tickets and how can I see what that view will look like?
17. Purchasing football tickets online will have an interactive stadium diagram so you can scroll over the sections and see a picture of the view from that section. After selecting the desired section, fans can select from the available seats in the section, complete order, and print out tickets
Comment: Keep the ticket transfer system
18. Transferring of tickets returns after a successful implementation for the 2012 season. If you cannot attend a game, you can email your tickets to a friend. CCU will continue to give incentives to fans and promote the process.
Comment: How can I purchase away game tickets for games where none will be available through the opponent, like South Carolina this year?
19. Fans have the ability to purchase tickets for the away game at South Carolina by calling the Athletics Ticket Office at 843-347-8499. The allotment of tickets will be assigned based off of Chanticleer Athletic Foundation priority points and are $35 each.
Comment: Need to be able to call someone with a problem on gameday
20. Fans will be able to call the Athletics Ticket Office number (843-347-8499) on gameday beginning four hours prior to kickoff until the end of the third quarter. Fans can also send in questions via twitter to @chants365.
Comment: Student guest tickets aren't available in the student section for Homecoming
21. Student guest tickets will be made available for the student section for Homecoming, allowing alumni to sit in the student section.
Comment: Student guest tickets aren't available for the student section for Family Weekend
22. Student guest tickets will be made available for the student section for Family Weekend, allowing parents to sit in the student section.
Comment: Allow students to reserve their tickets for the home opener sooner
23. Students will be able to reserve their ticket to the home opener two weeks prior to the game as opposed to one week in previous years.
Stadium Seating Options
Comment: Move the Myrtle Beach Family Golf Family Zone
24. The Myrtle Beach Family Golf Family Zone will be moved back to sections 129-131 on the west side of the stadium. This move allows the CCU Cheerleaders and Chauncey to be in front of the Myrtle Beach Family Golf Family Zone for the majority of the game. Visiting fans will be moving across the field to sections 101 and 102. Visiting fans will no longer be adjacent to the family zone.
Comment: Expand Bronze seating options
25. With the CCU team bench moving to the west side of the stadium, the Bronze seating, which has bench back seating throughout, will expand to two sections on the west side as Sections 127 and 128 behind the CCU bench will have bench backs installed for the 2013 season. On the east side, the Bronze seating includes Sections 103-106 as well as the chair back seats in Sections 202, 203, 206 and 207.
Comment: Expand Blitz Zone seating options
26. Blitz Zone seating options have been expanded to sections 107 and 108 (east side of the stadium) and 125 (west side of the stadium).
Comment: Dedicate a handicapped exclusive lot
27. Lot S (located adjacent to the Wall Building) has been designated as a handicapped exclusive parking lot. Shuttles will run frequently from the lot, dropping patrons off at the main entrance to Brooks Stadium.
Comment: Expand general/donation free parking
28. The HTC Center lot will no longer be a donor-restricted lot. The lot will now be open for the general public on a first-come, first-served basis.
Comment: Expand Bronze level parking
29. New for 2013 is the addition of Bronze level parking adjacent to the Boni Belle Hitting and Practice Facility.
Comment: Condense White level parking to one lot
30. For 2013 all White level parking will be in one location, the newly added lot located behind Lackey Chapel. The lot is a short walking distance to both Blanton Lawn and Brooks Stadium.
Comment: Have a person directing fans to parking lots with available spaces
31. Employees will be stationed on campus with signs to direct fans to the gameday parking lots.
Comment: Not enough green space for tailgating
32. Additional green space on Blanton Lawn has been added to allow fans to tailgate and reconnect with other alumni.
Comment: More shuttle service is needed
33. The University has purchased shuttles that will serve on gameday, increasing the number of patrons able to ride a shuttle to Brooks Stadium.
34. Additional shuttle stops will be added to each route, including stops at Fan Fest and the Chanticleer Store located inside The HTC Center.
Comment: Improve social media exposure on gameday
35. In summer 2013 Coastal Carolina Athletics launched Chants365, a one-stop shop for all Chanticleer social media interactions in order to broaden our fan base and provide our fans with next level access.
36. Coastal Carolina will have dedicated social media specialists in Brooks Stadium on gameday interacting with fans via social media.
37. Social media will also be leveraged to improve customer service should a problem arise in the stadium.
Comment: Reward students for attendance at athletics events and make it easy!
38. Through a partnership with Row27.com FanMaker application CCU students will be rewarded for their attendance at athletics events as well as their interaction to broaden the reach of CCU Athletics.
39. The process, once a student is connected will be fully automated. Points accrue via attendance and social media interaction, those points then can be traded in on an online store for prizes.
Comment: Add additional interactive item to Fan Fest
40. A face painter will be added to Fan Fest.
41. A make-a-sign station will be added to Fan Fest.
42. Larger inflatables will be added to Fan Fest as well as to the west side of Brooks Stadium adjacent to the Family Zone.
43. A corn hole set will also be available at Fan Fest for use by fans.
44. Chauncey will spend more time in the Fan Fest area, allowing for ample photo opportunities.
Comment: Play games at night
45. Coastal Carolina will make games times more accommodating to fans.
Comment: Students need more space to tailgate
46. Students asked for and will be able to use the end of the track and field for tailgating. The parking lot at Britton Hall will be available for student parking on gameday.
Comment: How can I show that I am an active member of the Chanticleer Athletic Foundation?
47. The Chanticleer Athletic Foundation will be sending out membership cards that will prove membership and also denote if you are a member of the Letterwinners and/or Alumni Association.
Comment: Advertise more on St. Rt. 501 near the campus entrance about upcoming gamedays
48. The CCU football helmet inflatable will be set up at the front of campus during game week with a banner promoting that weekend's game.
Comment: I want to feel more connected to the team and athletes, how can you address this?
49. Through the addition of Chants365 on twitter and the FanMaker application from Row27.com the level of interaction will be taken to the next level. Fans, not just students, will get rewards for tweeting, posting, retweeting, following and getting in on contests. Special guests will also be brought into the @Chants365 room to interact with fans to answer and ask questions.
Comment: Make it more enticing for former student-athletes to come back to CCU Football games
50. This year, the Sasser Hall of Fame induction will take place during halftime of Homecoming on Saturday, November 2.
Comment: Make games more readily available for fans who are out of town to see the games
51. The Big South Sports Network has gone to a free model for web streaming of home regular season athletics events. Starting this fall fans will be able to go to www.BigSouthSports.com and watch football games for free.
Comment: Not enough recycling receptacles at Brooks Stadium
52. Additional recycling options will be added to all entrances of Brooks Stadium.
Comment: Expand upon the GO TEAL campaign
53. The Department of Athletics has created a 10-point plan to expand and brand GO TEAL throughout the University campus, community and the Grand Stand.
Comment: Improve crowd interaction.
54. Video prompt for fans to yell out GOOOOOOOO TEAL! As the kicker lines up and makes contact with the ball on kick offs.