Chants Cap 10th Spring Practice with 15 Play Scrimmage
April 7, 2012
CONWAY - The Coastal Carolina football capped its 10th practice of the spring with a 15-play scrimmage on Saturday afternoon. The Chants went through their normal practice routine before coming together for a 10-minute scrimmage to finish the session.
- Senior running back Jeremy Height broke through the line for a 20-yard gain on the second play.
- Quarterback Aramis Hillary connected on a seven-yard strike to Akeem Wesley to set up 1st and goal at the nine.
- After two rushing plays that gained three yards, senior corner Dontavious Johnson broke up a pass intended for Shaquille Lindsey, forcing a Grant Clayton field goal.
- Junior corner Tyler McCarthy made a nice play to break up an Alex Ross pass.
- On the final offensive play of the scrimmage, sophomore Cody Craig found Niccolo Mastromatteo on a swing pass toward the far sideline. Mastromatteo proceeded to make several defenders miss and scamper down the sideline for a 40-yard score. Alex Catron split the uprights on the PAT.