Coastal Carolina will learn its postseason fate Sunday when ESPNU telecasts its NCAA FCS selection show from 11 am-Noon.
Kiana Quolas was named the Female Athlete of the Year, while Pedro Ribeiro and Lorenzo Taliaferro shared the Male Athlete of the Year award
The 2014 NFL Draft starts on Thursday, May 8
The Spring Game is April 12
The Chanticleers celebrated their historic season at their annual banquet
Coastal Carolina vs Presbyterian 11/16/13
2013 Coastal Carolina Football vs. Charlotte -- Nov. 2, 2013 -- Homecoming
Coastal Carolina vs. VMI 10/26/2013
09-21-13 Coastal Carolina vs. Hampton
2013 Coastal Carolina Spring Football - Practice 1 (March 19, 2013)
Graduated magna cum laude from Coastal Carolina in Dec. 2013 with a 3.947 GPA in philosophy
• One of 16 student-athletes - from a pool of 171 semifinalists across all NCAA divisions and the NAIA - to receive the National Football Foundation (NFF) National Scholar-Athlete Award and $18,000 postgraduate scholarship
• One of seven finalists for the Football Championship Subdivision Athletics Directors Association’s $5,000 Postgraduate Scholarship
• Four-time Big South Presidential Scholar (3.0 GPA for an academic year)
• 2012 and 2013 FCS Athletic Directors Association Academic All-Star
• 2013 CoSIDA Academic All-District
• 2012 and 2013 Academic All-Big South
• 2012 College Sports Journal FCS All-Academic Team
• A four-time CCU President’s List honoree (4.0 for an academic semester) and two-time Dean’s List Honoree (GPA between 3.5-3.99 for an academic semester) – Note: Earned a 4.0 in his final semester, but did not qualify for President’s List as he only took nine hours
• Just the second player in Big South history to earn five All-Big South honors for football
• Four-time All-Big South as a punt returner (including 1st team in 2012)
• Second team All-Big South as a wide receiver in 2012
• Big South Special Teams Player of the Week once in 2011
• Big South Freshman of the Week once in 2010
• Set Big South and Coastal Carolina records with 32 punt returns in 2010
• Set Coastal Carolina record with 247 punt return yards in 2010
• Set a Coastal Carolina record with 27 kickoff returns in 2011
• Tied a Coastal Carolina record with 10 receptions versus Eastern Kentucky 2012
• His 126 combined punt and kickoff returns is a Coastal Carolina record and one shy of the Big South all-time mark of 127
• Set a Big South and Coastal Carolina record with a 91-yard punt return in 2010. Also had an 87-yard punt return in 2012, which ranks
• His 125 punt return yards versus Charleston Southern in 2010 are Big South and Coastal Carolina records
• Set a CCU record in 2012 for longest pass reception at 81 yards (which was broken in 2013 with an 86-yard reception) and ranks as the 10th-longest pass reception in Big South history
• In 2013, ranked 50th in the FCS and first in the Big South in punt return average (5.6) in 2013
• In 2012, ranked 13th in the FCS and first in the Big South in punt return average (11.36)
• In 2011, ranked 25th in the FCS and third in the Big South in punt return average (8.8)
• In 2010, ranked 42nd in the FCS and second in the Big South in punt return average (7.72)
• Over his four years, he ranked second among active FCS players in career punt returns (78) and third in career punt return yards (633)
2013 (Sr.): Named second team All-Big South as a punt returner ... Named a National Football Foundation National Scholar-Athlete, 2013 Academic All-Big South and FCS ADA Academic All-Star ... Missed the last three-and-a-half regular-season games due to injury ... Ranked 50th in the NCAA and led the Big South in punt returns (5.6 Avg.) ... Ranked eighth in the Big South with four receiving touchdowns ... Ranked 10th in the Big South in receptions per game (2.9) ... Had four catches for 38 yards with two scores in the second-round playoff win at Montana ... The 14-yrad score broke a 14-14 tie and three minutes later caught a 20-yarder for a 28-14 lead.
2012 (Jr.): Named first team All-Big South as a punt returner and second team All-Big South as a wide receiver , playing in 11 games (missed two games due to injury) with 10 starts ... Selected Academic All-Big South ... Additionally named FCS Athletic Directors Association Academic All-Star Team and College Sports Journal FCS All-Academic Team ... Served as a game captain for the opener (North Carolina A&T) and was the team's Special Teams MVP for the Presbyterian game ... Ranked 13th in the NCAA and first in the Big South by averaging 11.36 yards per punt return ... Ranked second on the team and fifth in the Big South in receptions (47 - 4.27 avg.) and receiving yards (571 - 51.91 avg.) ... His 47 receptions rank third on the CCU single-season list and his 571 yards ranks fifth ... Named CollegeSportsMadness.com Big South Offensive Player of the Week and honorable mention for National Wide Receiver of the Week by CollegeFootballPerformance.com for his play at Garner-Webb ... Caught 4 passes for 151 yards and two TDs ... The 151 receiving yards ranks fourth (was third at the time) on the CCU single-game list and his 171 all-purpose yards ranks seventh (he added a 20-yard punt return) ... Of his four catches, one was 26-yard third down conversion, one was a 22-yard first down, one was a 22-yard TD and the last was an 81-yard TD to mark the longest reception in CCU history ... Had a breakout game in the season-opening win over North Carolina A&T ... After catching just one pass for seven yards in his first two years combined, caught seven passes for 114 yards, which was the program's eighth-best single-game effort at the time (now 11th) ... Tied a CCU single-game record with 10 receptions versus Eastern Kentucky ... Had 96 receiving yards and scored his first career receiving TD, tying the game at 7-7 with an eight-yard score ... Missed the Toledo and App State games with an injury ... Returned to action versus Stony Brook, catching three passes for 18 yards ... Also had three receptions for 20 yards at VMI ... Named National Punt Returner of the Week by CollegeFootballPerformance.com for his play at Presbyterian ... Had three punt returns for 93 yards, including an 87-yard return for a TD to become the Big South's all-time leader in punt return yards ... The 87 yards return ties for second in the CCU list and ties for third on the Big South list, as well as tying for third on the CCU list for longest scoring plays ... Led CCU with five receptions for 49 yards versus Charleston Southern In the playoffs, caught three passes for 27 yards at Bethune-Cookman and four for 71 yards at Old Dominion ... Named to the 2011-12 Big South Presidential Honor Roll for posting at least a 3.0 GPA for the academic year.
2011 (So.): Voted second team All-Big South as a punt returner ... Named to the 2011-12 Big South Presidential Honor Roll for posting a 3.0 GPA for the academic year ... Was named Big South Special Teams Player of the Week (Nov. 14) for his play in the Charleston Southern win ... In the contest, returned one kickoff for 24 yards and three punts for 54, including a season-long 40 yarder ... The 40-yard punt return marked the fifth-longest in CCU history and helped him boost his season average to 8.8 yards per punt return to rank 25th in the NCAA and third in the Big South ... Had 15 punt returns for 132 yards in 2011 ... Set a CCU record with 27 kickoff returns in 2011 and his 512 kickoff return yards was just seven yards shy of the CCU single-season mark ... Caught a seven-yard pass at Liberty for his first career reception.
2010 (Fr.): Named second team All-Big South as a punt returner ... Biggest asset early was his fearless nature, catching everything to minimize punt distances before later becoming a major threat with the ball to the extent that teams would kick away from him on kickoffs ... Set the Big South season record with 32 punt returns (26 being the previous best) and his 247 punt return yards is a Coastal Carolina season record ... His 20 kick returns ranks fourth in school history and his 483 kick return yards ranks third ... On the CCU career lists, ranks second in punt return yards, second in punt returns, fourth in kickoff return yards and fifth in kickoff returns ... Named Big South Freshman of the Week< in the season finale as he set a Big South record with a 91-yard punt return and 125 yards in punt returns versus Charleston Southern ... The TD marked the second-longest scoring play in school history ... Ranked 42nd in the nation with his average of 7.72 yards per punt return and 45th nationally in kick returns with an average of 24.15 yard per kick return ... Opened the second half versus Liberty with a 55-yard kick return, marking the fifth-longest kick return in school history ... Also had kick returns of 20 and 46 yards versus the Flames ... The 121 kick return yards ranks fifth on the CCU single-game list and his average of 40.33 yards per kick return ranks second ... Had a breakout game versus Stony Brook as he returned three kicks for 99 yards and three punts for 33 yards ... Had a 53-yard kick return against the Seawolves, marking the sixth-longest in school history at the time ... Also had a 28-yarder to the CCU 45 to start the second half, leading to an eventual CCU TD drive ... Had long punt returns of 21 and 12 yards ... Named to the 2010-11 Big South Presidential Honor Roll for posting a 3.0 GPA for the academic year.
Prior to Coastal Carolina: Attended Southern Methodist and was a member of the 2010 spring football team, enrolling in January of 2010 before transferring to Coastal in August 2010 ... Spent 2008 season at Phillips Exeter (N.H.) Academy ... Played his high school ball at Walpole (Mass.), where he also ran track and played baseball.