Head Coach Joe Moglia, Senior Quinn Backus & Sophomore De'Angelo Henderson discuss the Richmond game and this week's opponent North Dakota State
Alex Ross, Quinn Backus, De'Angelo Henderson & Head Coach Joe Moglia discuss news of being #7 National Seed
Coastal Carolina vs Hampton University
Coastal Carolina vs Liberty
Coastal vs Bryant
Coastal at Gardner-Webb
Coastal Carolina vs Charleston Southern
Set the NCAA Division record by scoring a touchdown in 35 consecutive games (all 14 games of 2014, all 12 games of 2015 all nine of his games in 2016).
2016 Walter Payton Award National Offensive Player of the Year Finalist
2016 All-American (STATS 2nd team)
2015 STATS National Offensive Player of the Year Finalist
2015 Freddie Solomon Community Spirit Award Finalist
2015 All-American (STATS 2nd team, AP 3rd team)
2015 Big South Offensive Player of the Year
2015 1st Team All-Big South
2014 1st team All-Big South
Graduated from Coastal Carolina in the spring of 2015 with a degree in recreation and sport management and is pursuing a second degree in communication.
2015 (Jr.): Named All-American (2nd team by STATS and 3rd team by Associated Press), Big South Offensive Player of the Year and first team All-Big South ... Also finished 10th in the STATS National Offensive Player of the Year voting, while being a finalist for the Freddie Solomon Community Spirit Award ... Voted the team's Offensive Player of the Year ... In addition to his 1,346 rushing yards, ranked second on the team with 40 receptions (403 yards) and three TD receptions.
• Set the NCAA FCS record by scoring at least one touchdown in 26 consecutive games (scored a total of 40 TDs over the span --36 rushing and four receiving) ... Scored at least once in all 12 games in 2015 and all 14 contests in 2014 ... Overall, scored at least once in 27 of 28 games dating back to the 2013 second round NCAA playoff win at Montana.
• His 1,346 rushing yards ranks seventh on the Big South's single-season list and third on the CCU list while his 16 rushing touchdowns is fifth on the league's seasonal list and third on the school's.
• Had eight 100-yard rushing games and his 18 career 100-yard rushing games is third on the Big South all-time list.
• Led the Big South in five categories, including scoring (9.5 points per game; fifth in the FCS), rushing touchdowns (16; sixth in the FCS), rushing yards (1,346; seventh in the FCS), rushing yards per game (112.2 avg.; eighth in the FCS) and all purpose yards per game (145.75; 14th in the FCS) ... Additionally ranked second in the league in rushing yards per carry (6.06; 19th in the FCS) and points responsible for (114, 51st in the FCS).
• Was the only Big South running back to rank among the league's top 10 in both receptions and receiving yards during the regular season ... Finished the year sixth in the league in receptions (3.3) and ranked second on the team in receptions (40) and fourth in receiving yards (403).
• A two-time Big South Offensive Player of the Week ... First, opened the year at Furman by tallying 224 all purpose yards -- the second-best, single-game effort in CCU history to also be a CFPA Honorable Mention National Player of the Week ... Became the first running back in Big South history to have at least 100 receiving yards in as game ... Hauled in seven catches for 129 yards, including a career-long, 60-yard catch ... Added 15 rushes for 95 yards with a score ... Had receptions of 17 and 23 yards on CCU's opening drive, which ended with a Chanticleer touchdown, and he gave Coastal a 21-7 lead in the 2nd quarter with a 2-yard rushing TD ... The following week, duplicated the honor in CCU's win at South Carolina State as he totaled 180 all purpose yards as he added ASN FCS National Player of the Week and NCAA FCS and CFPA Honorable Mention National Player of the Week ... Had 24 rushing attempts for 136 yards (5.3 avg.) and caught five passes for 44 yards ... Was responsible for 11 first downs (nine rush, two receiving) ... Had 21 rushes for 116 yards with a touchdown in the first half alone and he only played two series in the second half.
• Was CCU's nominee for the league's player of the week the next four weeks as well ... Had 24 rushes for 165 yards (6.9 avg.) with two sores while adding six receptions for 40 yards in a win versus Western Illinois ... Nearly matched the effort the following week in a win versus Bryant with 21 rushes for 136 yards (6.5 avg) with two TDs ... Only played the first half versus Alabama A&M but scored three times as he had 102 rushing yards on 14 attempts (7l.3 avg.) and a TD while adding four receptions for 44 yards and two scores ... Versus Presbyterian, had 124 rushing yards on 25 carries with a TD.
• Broke the NCAA FCS record by scoring a TD in his 21st straight game at Monmouth as he had 25 rushes for 91 yards and a score in the win.
• Although CCU lost at Charleston Southern, Henderson had 90 rushing yards on 15 attempts (6.0 avg.) with a TD and tied his career high with seven receptions (33 yards). • Had zero receptions in wins versus Gardner-Webb and Kennesaw State, but had 114 rushing yards (10.4 avg.) and 103 rushing yards (5.3 avg.), respectively.
• Scored twice, including a career-long, 71-yard rushing touchdown run, at Liberty ... Finished with 11 carries for 89 yards and three receptions for 43 yards.
• Closed the season with 161 all purpose yards in the first round of the NCAA Division I Championship ... Had 101 rushing yards on 19 attempts (5.1 avg.) with a TD and caught three passes for 60 yards.
2014 (So.): Named first team All-Big South ... Started all 14 games and scored at least one touchdown in all 14 contests ... His 1,534 rushing yards ranks fourth on the Big South’s single-season list and second on the CCU list while his 20 rushing TDs is third on the league’s seasonal list and second on the school’s ... Added 33 catches for 289 yards and a score — a 17-yard TD to win at Furman in double overtime ... Had nine games with at least 100 yards rushing, second on the Big South single-season list ... Led the league in five categories, while also ranking among the NCAA FCS leaders in rushing yards per game (18th with 109.6), rushing yards (ninth with 1,534), yards per rush (seventh with 6.56), rushing touchdowns (seventh with 20) and scoring (11th with 9.0 ppg) ... He additionally ranked second in the Big South and 31st nationally in all-purpose yards per game (130.21) ... Was given the ball six times on fourth down and he converted all six, including four touchdowns ... Was back-to-back Big South Offensive Player of the Week ... First, rushed for a career-high 172 yards (20 attempts) and two touchdowns in leading Coastal Carolina to a 30-3 victory over South Carolina State ... Gained 122 yards on 15 carries in the first half alone ... Second, rushed for a then career-high 131 yards on 19 attempts (6.9 avg.) with a touchdown versus North Carolina A&T ... Was most effective on Coastal Carolina’s final drive ... Starting on the CCU 14 with 4:08 left in the game and clinging to a one-point lead, Henderson had runs of 10 and 11 yards for first downs to start the drive and later had a six-yard run with 41 seconds left for a first down to seal the victory ... All told, of Henderson’s 19 rushing attempts, had 10 runs that went for either a first down or a touchdown ... In the FCS playoffs, had 134 yards with a score on 19 rushes versus Richmond and a 143 yards with a TD on 24 attempts at North Dakota State ... Scored three TDs and had 110 rushing yards on just 12 attempts versus Charleston Southern ... Averaged 8.5 yards per carry in the win over Monmouth — thanks to a 43-yard run, finishing with 13 carries for 110 yards and a score ... In addition to his game-winning TD reception at Furman, carried the ball 20 times for 134 yards with two TDs ... Scored three TDs and averaged 9.2 yards per carry versus Charleston Southern (12 attempts for 110 yards).
2013 (So.): Played in all 15 games with four starts ... His 7.3 yards per rush (82 attempts for 599 yards) set a CCU single-season record ... Averaged 10.8 yards per carry in league games ... Ranked sixth in the league (102nd FCS) with six rushing touchdowns and rushing yards (120th FCS) ... Off his 82 rushes, seven went for 20-plus yards including runs of 54 (EKU), 49 (VMI), 42 (CSU) and 31 (Charlotte) yards ... Named Big South The Crons Brand Freshman of the Week for his performance versus Charlotte ... Rushed 10 times for 117 yards and a touchdown versus the 49ers ... Had gains of 10 and 23 yards on the opening drive of the third quarter to break the 100-yard mark, and he ended that drive with a 2-yard TD run ... (Charlotte game marked the second time in CCU history two Chants eclipsed the 100-yard mark in the same game as Lorenzo Taliaferro was named Big South Offensive Player of the Week gaining 139 yards on 24 carries with three scores) ... Carried the ball eight times for 86 yards with a TD at Charleston Southern ... In the NCAA FCS second round playoff win at Montana, had 13 attempts for 48 yards, including a nine-yard score, and caught two passes for 23 yards.
2012 (Fr.): Redshirted ... Voted Chant Squad Player of the Year by the defensive staff ... Named Chant Squad MVP for the weeks leading into the North Carolina A&T and Appalachian State games ... Signed with Coastal Carolina in Feb. 2011, but took a "greyshirt," enrolling at Coastal in Jan. 2012.
Prior to Coastal Carolina: Was named one of eight finalist for South Carolina's 2010 Mr. Football ... A two-time All-State pick ... Voted as the Class 4A Running Back of the Year by the South Carolina Coaches Association ... Led the state of South Carolina in rushing yards with 2,345 yards on 251 carries and scored 27 TDs ... A three-star recruit by Rivals.com ... Played in the annual Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas ... Rated 41st on South Carolina's top 50 high school football prospects ... Was featured in Sports Illustrated's "Faces in the Crowd" for his outstanding senior season ... Selected All-Low Country as a junior and senior ... Is the Green Wave's all-time leading rusher with 4,661 yards with 53 career TDs ... As a junior, rushed for 1,567 yards and 15 scores while catching 19 passes for 237 yards and 4 TDs ... As a sophomore, rushed for 749 yards and 11 touchdowns ... Coached by John McKissick.