Men's Basketball Travels to Liberty Thursday at 7 p.m.
Feb. 22, 2012
Coastal Carolina (18-9, 11-5 Big South) at Liberty (12-17, 7-9 Big South)
Thursday, Feb. 23, 2012 | 7 p.m. | Lynchburg, Va. | Vines Center (8,085)
RADIO: The Coastal Carolina - Liberty game will be broadcast live online at GoCCUSports.com or WJXY The Team (93.9 FM) with Matt Hogue on the call.
LIVE STATS: Available via GoCCUSports.com
VIDEO STREAM: Available via BigSouthSports.com
- As of games played through Sunday, Coastal ranked 11th in field goal percentage (49.0%) and 17th in rebounding margin (+6.5) in the NCAA.
- The Chants have allowed only two opponents to shoot 50 percent or better (Campbell, 53.7%; Tennessee Tech, 50.0%) from the field.
- The Chants (18-9) look to finish the season with 20 or more wins for the third straight year when they face Liberty and VMI this week.
- Coastal was the first team in the Big South to lose a conference game at home, falling 81-75 against Campbell.
- Kierre Greenwood recorded 10 assists against Gardner-Webb on Jan. 28, which ties for the 10th most posted in a single game in Coastal history.
- With a win over Charleston Southern the Chants have now recorded their third-straight season with 10 or more Big South wins for the first time in school history.
- Chris Gradnigo scored a season-high 24 points against CSU while adding seven rebounds, three blocks and three steals.... With 12 points against Tennessee Tech he has now scored in double-figures 23-of-27 games this year... Gradnigo recorded his first double-double against Asheville with a season-high 13 rebounds.
- Coastal was swept in a season series for the first time since the 2008-09 season after falling to Campbell Feb. 7 at home.
- Anthony Raffa set a career-high with 32 points at Gardner-Webb on Jan. 28... Raffa scored 14-straight points for the Chants, overcoming a nine-point second half deficit to defeat the Runnin' Bulldogs 70-56.
- Raffa eclipsed the 1,000 career point mark after scoring a team-high 19 points against Presbyterian Jan. 26. Raffa has recorded double figures in 22 of his 27 games played this season.
Liberty started the season 0-6 in the Big South but has won seven of its last 10 conference games... Both teams dropped their BracketBusters games as Liberty was defeated 81-69 to Morgan State in Baltimore, Md.... The Flames are led by Jesse Sanders who ranks third in the nation in assists per game (7.86), while also leading his team in scoring (13.0) and rebounds (7.8)... Liberty holds a 7-7 overall record at home including a 3-3 mark in the Big South.
According to the Coastal Carolina record books, the Chanticleers trail 23-25 in the all-time series with Liberty... Coastal won the first meeting this season 78-68 on Dec. 3 in Kimbel Arena... After dropping four straight to the Flames the Chants have won the last five games in the series... CCU has not lost at the Vines Center since the 2008-09 season (68-55).