Men's Basketball Hosts Tennessee Tech on Senior Day
Feb. 17, 2012
CONWAY - Coastal Carolina hosts Tennessee Tech on Senior Day Saturday at 12:00 pm in Kimbel Arena. Coastal will honor seniors Dexter Moore, Chris Gradnigo, Willie Kirkland, Jordan Griffin, Jon Pack and manager J.T. Clay before the game.
Coastal Carolina (18-8, 11-5 Big South) vs. Tennessee Tech (17-11, 9-6 Ohio Valley)
Saturday, Feb. 18, 2012 | 12 p.m. | Conway, S.C. | Kimbel Arena (1,039)
RADIO: The Coastal Carolina - Tennessee Tech game will be broadcast live online at GoCCUSports.com or WJXY The Team (93.9 FM) with Matt Hogue on the call.
LIVE STATS: Available via GoCCUSports.com
VIDEO STREAM: Available via BigSouthSports.com
- As of games played through Thursday, Coastal ranked ninth in field goal percentage (49.2%) and 19th in rebounding margin (+6.8) in the NCAA.
- The Chants allowed their first opponent to shoot over 50 percent as Campbell finished 29-of-54 (53.7%) on Tuesday night.
- Coastal was the first team in the Big South to lose a conference game at home, falling 81-75 against Campbell.
- Kierre Greenwood recorded 10 assists against GWU (1/28), which ties for the 10th most posted in a single game in Coastal history.
- With a win over Charleston Southern the Chants have now recorded their third-straight season with 10 or more Big South wins for the first time in school history.
- Chris Gradnigo scored a season-high 24 points against CSU while adding seven rebounds, three blocks and three steals.... With 15 points against Asheville he has now scored in double-figures 22-of-26 games this year... Gradnigo also recorded his first double-double with a season-high 13 rebounds.
- Coastal was swept in a season series for the first time since the 2008-09 with last week's loss against Campbell.
- Raffa set a career-high with 32 points against Gardner-Webb on Saturday night... Raffa scored 14 straight points for the Chants, overcoming a nine-point second half deficit to defeat Gardner-Webb 70-56.
- Anthony Raffa eclipsed the 1,000 career points mark after scoring a team-high 19 points against Presbyterian on Thursday night. Raffa has recorded double figures in 20 of his 22 games played this season.
ABOUT TENNESSEE TECH
The Golden Eagles enter Saturday's game coming off a 74-67 win over Eastern Kentucky on Wednesday night to break a two-game slide... The Golden Eagles are 2-4 in the BracketBusters event while boasting a 17-11 overall record including a 9-6 mark in the Ohio Valley Conference... Guards Kevin Murphy and Jud Dillard lead the team in scoring with 20.4 and 18.0 points per game, respectively... Murphy leads the OVC in scoring and is currently 11th in the nation in points per game... Dillard is first in the OVC in rebounding (8.8) with Zac Swansey holding the top spot in assists (6.0) and steals (2.2).
According to the Coastal Carolina record books, the Chanticleers and Golden Eagles series is tied at 1-1 with the last meeting coming during the 1987-88 season... Coastal fell to Tennessee Tech 70-64 on Feb. 8, 1988 in Cookeville, Tenn... Coastal won the only other meeting in the series earlier that year in Conway 91-80.