Jason Bilous Drafted in 13th Round by White Sox
CONWAY - Coastal Carolina junior pitcher Jason Bilous was selected in the 13th round (378th overall pick) of the Major League Baseball Draft by the Chicago White Sox.
Since 2007, 47 Chanticleers have been drafted, including 14 over the last three seasons.. Bilous was drafted in the 29th round by the Los Angeles Dodgers coming out of high school (2015 MLB Draft).
2018 SEASON HIGHLIGHTS:
• PRESEASON 2018: D1Baseball rated him the 18th-best RHP in 2018 draft, #57-best draft prospect overall and 25th-best starter in NCAA.
• PRESEASON 2018: D1Baseball Sun Belt Pitcher of the Year Pitcher of the Year
• 2018 FIRST TEAM ALL-SUN BELT
• In the NCAA/Sun Belt stats (through NCAA Regional round)
^ Strikeouts / 9 11.34 40th NCAA 4th Sun Belt
^ Most Strikeouts 105 49th NCAA 2nd Sun Belt
^ Fewest Hits / 9 6.57 54th NCAA 2nd Sun Belt
• Also, led the Sun Belt in strikeouts looking (36) and ranked third in the Sun Belt with an opponent barring average of .210
• Named Sun Belt Pitcher of the Week (5/13) ... Struck out a career-high 11 versus Little Rock over seven innings ... Only walked one batter (the first batter of the game), surrendered just two hits and only two Trojans reached second base -- one on a CCU error. .. Struck out at least one batter in each of his seven innings, including two each in the first, second, third and seventh innings.
• Had at least six strikeouts in 12 of his 16 starts ... Had six quality starts but had a no decision and a loss in two of those six.
• ON THE CCU SINGLE SEASON LISTS: ranks fourth in most strikeouts/9 (11.34) and fourth in most strikeouts looking (36).
• ON THE CCU CAREER LISTS: ranks third in most strikeouts/9 (10.56) and 10th in lowest opponent batting average (.234).
2018 BIG GAMES
• Was impressive in a season-opening win over Virginia Tech ... Tallied nine strikeouts ... Allowed four hits, three walks and one run in 5.0 innings.
• Got the win vs Ball State as he allowed two hits and three walks in six complete ... Struck out six.
• At Arkansas State, retired 14 of his last 15 with eight K's over the span ... Overall, had nine strikeouts ... Did have a hiccup in the third inning (walking four to allow A-State's only run) ... Went 1-2-3 in the first and, after allowing two hits to start the second, retired three straight ... After walking his fourth batter of the third inning, retired 12 straight with seven strikeouts and 14 of his last 15 with eight strikeouts.
• Recorded a then career-high 10 strikeouts at Georgia Southern ... Struggled early, loading the bases in the firth in-ning thanks to a hit batter and two walks before allowing a two-run single ... After allowing that hit, got 20 outs versus his next 24 batters faced, allowing an unearned run, two hits, a hit batter and a walk while ringing up 10 Eagles before exiting after six innings.
• Only allowed one hit in six innings versus ULM to improve to 6-1 ... Walked four, two in the first inning and allowed two unearned runs in the first inning ... Finished with seven strikeouts.
• At Sun Belt Tournament, pitched 3.2 innings versus South Alabama ... Only allowed two hits and - of his 11 outs recorded - eight were by strikeout.