C-SET to Televise Baseball at Winthrop, Big South Championship Game
(Courtesy of C-SET)
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Carolinas Sports Entertainment Television (C-SET) announced today that it will televise 10 college baseball games this season, including at least 10 teams from North Carolina and South Carolina. The schedule features seven NCAA tournament teams from 2004, with College World Series participant South Carolina headlining the list.
The Carolinas have a wealth of strong college baseball programs, and were proud to showcase the best of them on C-SET, said Naomi Travers, executive vice president of media rights and entertainment for C-SET, which launched in October as the Carolinas first regional sports network. We hope their appearances on C-SET are a step on the road to the College World Series in Omaha.
C-SETs college baseball schedule is as follows:
Date Teams Time
Wednesday, March 16 East Carolina at UNC Wilmington 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 19 North Carolina at Clemson 4:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 23 Clemson at North Carolina State 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 1 North Carolina at North Carolina State 1:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 4 South Carolina at Furman 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, May 10 Wofford at South Carolina 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 21 Coastal Carolina at Winthrop 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 28 Big South Championship 1:30 p.m.
Saturday, May 28 Southern Conference Championship 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 29 Conference USA Championship 2:00 p.m.
Additionally, C-SET will cover the Conference USA softball championship game on Saturday, May 14 at 2:00 p.m.
C-SET is home to the NBAs Charlotte Bobcats and the WNBAs Charlotte Sting, plus college football, college basketball, college basketball, minor league baseball and original programming. Viewers looking for the latest information on C-SET telecast schedules and program information can log on to the network's Web site at http://www.C-SET.com
- South Carolina has reached the College World Series for three consecutive seasons, with a runner-up finish in 2002. The Gamecocks are ranked fifth in all three major polls.
- North Carolina has played in the NCAA tournament in five of the past six seasons, and is ranked fourth nationally by Collegiate Baseball.
- Winthrop has won four Big South titles in the past 10 years, and is ranked 21st by Baseball America.
- North Carolina State has reached two consecutive NCAA tournaments, and five in the past eight years. The Wolfpack is ranked 30th by Collegiate Baseball.
- Clemson has reached 18 consecutive NCAA tournaments, and has won eight ACC tournament titles.
- East Carolina has been to six consecutive NCAAs, and won a school record 51 games last season.
- Coastal Carolina has won four straight Big South titles, and defeated both Clemson and East Carolina already this season. The Chanticleers reached the NCAA Tournament in 2004.
- UNC Wilmington won its first Colonial Athletic Association title in 2004, and made a trip to the NCAA tournament.