CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE
|STUDENT-ATHLETE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
||CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM||CHANTS IN THE COMMUNITY|
DEPARTMENT OF ATHLETICS CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE CUP
Purpose:To create a competitive spirit through academics, athletics, and community service involvement among student-athletes.
Goal: To enhance the visibility of our student-athletes locally, regionally and nationally by becoming good stewards of the community.
1. Each team will compete for points through academic and athletic achievements, and by attending community service projects. (Track, Cross Country and Indoor Track will count as one team)
2. A point system will be established as such:
A. Academic Achievement
B. Athletic Achievement
C. Community Service
3. The competition will commence the first day of classes and conclude the last day of spring sport post season play, excluding the academic achievement and community service component. Academic achievement and community service will end the last day of classes for the academic year.
4. Scores for each component will be averaged to determine the winner.
5. The winning team will be announced at the Welcome Back Picnic and will receive the Champions For Life Cup to display for the academic year. A budget increase ($1000.00) will also be awarded to the winning team.
Cup standings will be coordinated through the Associate AD/Student-Athlete Enhancement/SWA’s office.
CURRENT CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE CUP STANDINGS
CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE LINKS