ATHLETICS MARKETING/PROMOTIONS & SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIP
TITLE: Athletics Marketing & Promotions Intern
REPORTS TO: Assistant AD - Marketing & Promotions
START DATE: Summer 2015
END DATE: December 2015 or May 2016
- Market & Promote the Department of Athletics as a whole as well as our individual sports to drive incremental revenue
- Responsible for graphic design of promotional materials both print & electronic
- Assist with the marketing, planning, and coordination of athletic events to best maximize personnel and revenue
- Identify, coordinate and oversee the execution of a strategic new media plan for Athletics program comprised of 18 intercollegiate athletic teams, using video and photographic content, audio/video-streaming and social networking to increase department awareness and brand identity
- Well versed in social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and Instagram
- Coordinate and develop daily web features for GoCCUSports.com in conjunction with video services staff
- Assist other departments in graphic design or new media strategies to grow the brand of Coastal Carolina Athletics
- General duties as assigned
- Intimate knowledge of Adobe products: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Driver's License
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Cell phone
- Versed in social media/strategies: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and LinkedIn
- This is a non-paid position. The Coastal Carolina University Department of Athletics will be flexible to work around other work schedules.
- It is the responsibility of the intern to find housing in the Conway/Myrtle Beach area but the Department of Athletics has several existing relationships with local housing agencies that may offer discounted rates for interns.
Resume and cover letter can be emailed to Seth Horton at firstname.lastname@example.org